There is no better time to freshen your home interior than the start of a new season. And, what a perfect season spring is: with the flowers starting to bloom, the sun peeping out from behind the clouds and lots of gorgeous, spring home accessories filling the high street. Updating your home and giving it a quick revamp will immediately make it feel uplifting and will indulge your senses with a vibrant, zesty spring charm. Spring is a time for rejuvenation and renewal, and this is one of the many reasons why the idea of a thorough clean of the house, from top to bottom, is so popular at this time of year.
Now I know revamping and refreshing your home can feel like a challenge after those long, dreary winter months; but believe me when I say any changes don’t have to be expensive or difficult to do. Just a simple introduction of spring home accessories will work magic in your interior and brighten your home decor. Here, at Puji, we have done the thinking for you and complied a quick, 5 step guideline to help get you on your way to enjoying your spring home.
1) Freshen the air! Make your home smell of the outdoors and you will wake up wanting to take a deep breath ready to start the day. Add spring scents around your home and bathroom, and in the evening light some scented candles. Here, at Puji, we have an enchanting scented candle and diffuser range. Our favourite for spring is the Meadow flower candle which sits inside a gorgeous decorative glass tumbler, filled with dried flowers. The scent is a warm mix of rose, jasmine and lily of the valley which is beautifully balanced with a spring time, gentle citrus twist.
2) Give in to the charms of colour! Be bold this spring and add colour to your home. You could paint a feature wall in a fresh colour, or if you don’t want to get the paints out, find inspiration in small accessories and soft furnishings. Add some orange or lime cushions to your leather sofa and you will be amazed at the transformation. Take away the heavy, chunky throw you have draped over your occasional chair and replace it with a lightweight and delicate one. Simple changes are very effective and shouldn’t be ignored as they can have as much impact as those bigger changes.
3) Make the most of your lighting! Lighting is very often overlooked when updating a room, but simply changing an old lamp or adding a stylish floor lamp will transform your room in a heartbeat. This spring is still showcasing quirky and retro inspired lighting, as well as Moroccan styled filigree lamps which offer soft diffused lighting to make those brighter evenings feel cosy. Your living room armchair will take on new life just by popping a floor lamp behind it, as suddenly you’ll have created a cosy reading corner. In the bedroom, new bedside lamps will create a focal point, especially if you look for table lamps that project ambient lighting and patterns through cut out shapes or hand hammered holes.
4) All things metallic! The ‘in’ trend for 2014 is the introduction of gold and silver shades when styling your home. However, when it comes to your home accessories think brass, copper, pewter, aluminium and nickel. Choose items that reflect your style and personality from hand-crafted statues to cool, contemporary decorative bowls. Our leafy aluminium serving bowl has had a great response and is made from textured leaves cast in aluminium and then finished in a rich, matt nickel. This striking bowl has beautiful detailing and is great for serving nibbles in style.
5) Get nostalgic with Vintage and Retro! Spring interiors are all about turning the clock back, and adding colour through timeless vintage and retro designs. Instead of changing your entire interior scheme, add accessories that are associated with this vintage and retro theme. Incorporating these themes into your home will give you the freedom to introduce colour, texture, prints and patterns. Move away from the mundane decorating themes and look for the following: vintage styled colourful clocks that will team up as wall art, vintage inspired bright cushions and geometric patterns. Add some colourful storage trunks to your decor and you’ll be on your way to creating a cosy, warm and stunning interior that will easily take you into summer.
For spring home accessories click here.