Solid wood kitchen furniture is a firm favourite whatever your decorating style. Puji sell a stunning range of hand-crafted wooden furniture for all areas of the home including the living room, dining room, lounge, bedroom and bathroom. Our beautiful contemporary solid wood kitchen furniture is a classic style choice which will transform this living area into a homely and inviting haven for you and your family to enjoy spending time in.
Choose from teak, ash or mahogany tables, solid wood chairs, leather upholstered chairs and woven chairs. Our wooden kitchen furniture also includes extendable kitchen tables, round tables, square tables and rectangular tables to suit all styles and tastes. Here we shall explain the beauty of solid wood kitchen furniture and why it is such a great home investment.
Solid Wood Kitchen Furniture – click here to browse our full range.
Ten Reasons to Invest in Solid Wood Kitchen Furniture
1. Kitchen Classic – Solid wood kitchen furniture is a popular choice for the home and looks great whatever your interior style. Unlike other materials, such as plastic or metal, wooden furniture has been used for centuries and will always stay in fashion. Puji furniture has been beautifully designed with each piece individually handcrafted so no two furniture items are the same. This means that an elegant furniture piece, such as Puji’s Henry Natural Dining Table will look stylish for years to come and can remain a family favourite for generations. It can be matched with the attractive Mino Natural 7-Slat Chair for a wonderful contemporary look.
2. Wood Varieties – If you are thinking of investing in solid wood kitchen furniture there are many different timbers to choose from including teak, oak, ash, cherry, mahogany and walnut. Teak is a great choice for this part of the home because it is such a hard wearing wood with a deep rich honey colour and a natural beauty in the grain. A Puji reclaimed furniture piece is likely to have character marks in the wood such as small nail holes which uncovers an interesting history as our teak is recycled from old colonial buildings in Indonesia. Although more expensive than soft wood such as pine, a reclaimed teak table such as our Indah Natural Dining Table is extremely robust and will last a long time.
3. Shape Options – Solid wood kitchen tables are available in a variety of shapes and dimensions. From round, square, extendable, rectangular tables, four seater, six seater, eight seater and ten seaters, you will always find one to suit your size of family and your individual tastes. The Roco Dining Table for instance comes in five sizes with the smallest 180 cm (l) x 100 cm (w) x 78 cm (h) and the largest 240 cm (l) x 100 cm (w) x 78 (h) cm. If you have a particular size of table in mind and would like one individually made, we also offer a bespoke design service.
4. Style Choices – From modern minimalist designs such as Puji’s Mino Natural Dining Table to more traditional shapes such as the Henry Dark Jepara Dining Table, there are a wide range of solid wood kitchen furniture options to choose from. We have tables to suit chic city style apartments with small living spaces, such as our Kotak Natural Round Dining Table to tables for farmhouses or cottages with large family kitchens, such as our Indah Natural Dining Table.
5. Different Finishes – Solid wood kitchen furniture can be stained to a colour to match your kitchen work top and cabinets. Puji’s teak dining tables are available in a variety of different finishes including mid to dark brown, or they can be left natural for a more rustic look. If you prefer a dark teak kitchen table, team the Henry Dark Jepara Dining Table with the Henry Dark Java Chair or for solid wood kitchen furniture with a lighter finish combine the Mino Natural Square Extending Table with the Mino Natural 7-Slat Chair.
6. Versatile – One of the beauties of solid wood kitchen furniture is that there are so many styles available. Match a solid wood kitchen table with different chairs or benches to create different looks. For example, for a trendy look to your kitchen you can choose Puji’s woven chairs such as the Banana Natural Leg Chair or for a more formal look, the Mino Dark 7-Slat Chair is a great choice. You can also mix and match the chairs with benches for a more relaxed style of dining.
7. Hard-Wearing – Solid wood furniture is a great investment for the home because it so durable. Teak in particular is one of the hardest woods there is, and is highly resistant to water, acid and abrasion. This is why teak furniture is such a fantastic choice for the kitchen because it will be in constant use. It is always worth spending that little bit extra on kitchen furniture and buying the best you can afford as you will not have to replace your furniture a few years down the line. High quality solid wood furniture, such as a teak table or chairs will save you money in the long run as it can last a lifetime or longer.
8. Easy Maintenance – Solid wood kitchen furniture is easy to keep and you don’t have to worry if it gets knocked or scratched because you can easily maintain the wood. Just take care of marks with a light application of oil or wax. If you have any deeper marks which you can’t get out using this method don’t worry as it only adds more character to your solid wood table.
9. Simple Care – Solid wood tables and chairs are very practical choice for the kitchen as this is one of the busiest rooms in the home. Kitchens are in use round the clock by tots, children, teenagers and adults. Just wipe away any food spills or marks with a clean, damp cloth and your furniture will look as good as new.
10. Eco-Friendly – Wood is renewable product which can be used for generations. Much of Puji’s teak furniture is crafted from reclaimed wood so there is no pressure put on existing forests or landfill sites. We also carry ranges that use timber certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) which means the wood is obtained from sustainably managed sources and has not contributed to habitat loss or reduction in biodiversity.