It always surprises me that home accessories are often last on the list of must-haves when furnishing a property…and more often than not, they are not budgeted for at all. Yet, these finishing touches are what make a house a home. Puji home accessories will not only dress your home in style, but they are often crafted from sustainable and gorgeous materials such as bamboo, reclaimed wood and recycled glass, making them eco friendly.
For those of you considering buying or updating your home accessories, we have put together a simple and practical guide to offer you inspiration and guidance:
1) Homely Smells – Make your home feel more homely with a beautiful smelling entrance way. The first area your guests encounter is your hallway, so why not add a beautiful diffuser to your console table or window mantel? Choose scents that reflect the season, such as the spring scents of fresh linen and the ever popular English rose. Our artfully arranged diffusers will provide a focal point and give your entrance way a pleasant aroma to lift spirits and freshen the air as you walk into your home.
2) Soft Furnishings – Add soft furnishings to introduce pattern, colour and of course comfort – fabric does wonders and will instantly transform a space. Scatter cushions should be added to sofas and occasional seating, and you can even drape a throw over an armchair for chilly nights in. In the bedroom, plush upholstery and bedding can provide your room with a soft, relaxed touch. Choose interesting texture and look for a throw or blanket with an open weave such as our lamb’s wool knitted throws. The contrast will provide richness and warmth.
4) Wall Art – Add interesting wall art to give life to bare walls. Here at Puji, we have carved panel sets that look gorgeous in the living room, above the sofa, or even in the hallway over a console table.
5) Multi-purpose Furniture – If your living area is small, replace your coffee table with stools that double up as extra seating and can either be moved around the room, or used as a side table for resting your drinks on. Our contemporary bamboo stools are available in vibrant red so they will add colour and style into your home. They are also eco-friendly and handmade.
6) Photo Frames – Show off your special memories! Displaying treasured memories is an easy way to make a home feel more homely and personal. You can frame them in different styled frames and group them together on shelves or on top of a sideboard or console. If you have wall space that needs filling, then why not create a photo wall and display different sized framed photos filled with pictures of loved ones?
7) Soft Lighting – Install soft diffused lighting by introducing floor lamps and table lamps. Your home will feel much more relaxed and cosy once you switch the overhead lights off and have pockets of light illuminating dark corners. In the living room, a floor lamp positioned behind a comfy chair is a great choice. Puji’s home accessories range has a vast collection of lamps to illuminate your home in style. Lighting is one of the easiest ways to create atmosphere in a room, so don’t overlook this area when buying your new home accessories.
8) Serving Ware – Start entertaining! One of the best ways to make your house or apartment feel more homely is to invite friends and family over and fill your home with happy memories. Buy some gorgeous serving ware and wine glasses from our latest collection and serve nibbles, drinks and canapés in style.
9) Pretty Mirrors– Decorate an area of your home, such as the hallway or dining room, with an attractive mirror. Mirrors reflect light and add a feeling of spaciousness. They are a must-have finishing touch to any home.
For Puji Home Accessories click here