The long Easter break is a great time to take advantage of sales and discounts and revamp your interior and home furnishings. Now is the time to dust off that to-do list and head down to your nearest DIY store for supplies so you can get started with updating and making over your home.
Here, at Puji, we have put together a list of ten easy ways to make the most of your Easter break, so you have all the inspiration you need to get started. Refreshing your interior does not need to be expensive and simple updates and changes to your home furnishings really can make a big impact.
1) Finish off all those jobs that have been left half done. This will make you instantly feel better and you can then move on to new tasks. We all have shelves and bits that need putting up around the house so this is a good first port of call before you try a new challenge.
2) Refresh your walls. You can do this is many ways, if you have the time, then why not redecorate and give your interior a fresh lick of paint? Alternatively, why not consider introducing new home accessories such as a mirror or wall art to give a lifeless wall an injection of colour and to create a focal point.
3) Replace tired and worn cushions and soft furnishings. This simple update will transform your sofa and occasional chairs and have your room feeling fresh and brand new. In the bedroom, one idea is to invest in new crisp bed linen and layer throws and cushions for texture and appeal.
4) Love your kitchen this bank holiday. Consider buying some new kitchen storage jars or even a feature wall clock to help you keep track of time when cooking. These everyday items are often overlooked but can completely transform a kitchen wall, worktop or kitchen counter.
5) Serve your Easter dinner in style. Invest in some new bowls, trays, glasses and placemats. This simple change will impress your guests and none of these items will go to waste as they can be used all year round.
6) Make your home smell fresh this Easter. Adding scented candles and diffusers to each room is a low cost way of giving your interior a revamp. Nothing feels better than being greeted by fresh scents when you enter your home.
7) Clear away clutter and add extra storage. Fashionable and trendy storage items such as wicker baskets, trunks and boxes all help to keep your mess at bay. Spring is all about having a good clean and reorganising your home.
8) Frame those precious memories. This Easter why not print those special photos off from your digital camera or computer and add them to your home interior? Having fun filled days and special memories around the home is important and will give your interior that relaxed, lived in feel.
9) Invest in a laundry basket. Laundry baskets can be placed in your bathroom, bedroom or hallway and are an attractive way of getting your laundry organised and out of sight!
10) Don’t overlook lighting now we have more sunshine. Instead look for floor lamps or table lamps that you can switch on in the evenings to create ambience and warm pockets of light.
For more home furnishings click here